Hoagerburgh Road Bridge Rehabilitation

Project Description:
The project will rehabilitate the Ulster County Route l8 (Hoagerburgh Rd) bridge over the Shawangunk Kill. Included in the work is removal and replacement of the bridge deck, steel beams, bridge guide railing, and as-needed concrete repairs. The bridge will be widened to meet current standards and to accommodate possible future road construction. During construction, the road will be closed at the bridge and a detour will be in place. Read more in pdf format, click here.

Project Goals:

• Extend the service life of the bridge by at least 30 years, as required by the project funding.
• Address “Yellow Flag” issued by NYSDOT and other safety concerns.
• Widen the bridge to meet current standards.

Project Cost & Funding:
The total cost including design and construction is estimated to be $4,780,320 with 95% of the project being funded through the BridgeNY program. Ulster County is covering the remaining 5% of the project cost. The project is being progressed under the oversight of the New York State Department of Transportation (NYSDOT).

Anticipated Schedule:
Design: Summer 2019-Summer 2020 Approval to Proceed to Construction: Fall 2020 Construction: Fall 2020 or Spring 2021 Design Standard: The project is being designed using NYSDOT standards and the guidelines contained in the NYSDOf Bridge Design Manual and NYSDOT Highway Design Manual. Application of these standards is mandated by the NYSDOT and the FHWA, and it is a condition of the project funding.

Project Team:
The project is being designed and constructed under the oversight of the Ulster County Department of Public Works. Design services are being provided by the County’s design consultant, HVEA Engineers. Ulster County Department of Public Works: Andrew Emrich, P.E. Senior Engineer (845) 340-3 r 2s Ulster County DPW 3l 5 Shamrock Lane Kingston, NY I 2401 HVEA Engineers: (845) 838-3600 Lou Bach, P.E., Project Manager LBach@hveapc.com

Menu